Sunday, June 26, 2011

Getting acclamaited...

This is a week in summary- The first 2 days was resting and recouperating from the 29 hour flight. Rayan had pre-rented a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment close to the airport because when you get in at 2am all you want to do is get home and relax. The apartment was airconditioned and the bathrooms were nice, TV had many english channels now all I needed was some food. Asking Rayan what was around for a snack, thinking I would have to eat something weird and I just got here, he said he would suprise me. Out from the kitchen he came holding a, wait are my eyes decieving me, a pizza box with a veggie pizza my fav! Turns out they have little ceasars and pizza hut here, a little slice of home so far away.
  We were only to spend a few days at the apartment, but I had not really ventured out anywhere yet and I wasn't ready to go to the next destination so we extended our stay another 3 days.  Amman is wonderful, its like NYC without the crime. Of course there is crime everywhere but I felt very safe and most signs were in arabic and english. The food wasn't that strange hummus is the rage in the states now so it was quite normal to eat it. The mall's here are quite fabulous 5-6 stories, open til midnight, and a retractable roof in the center of it. You can shop, eat or just people watch, its great. There is even a grocery store, movie theater and a TGI fridays. I am trying not to go into any stores/restaurants that are in the US because I didnt fly 6,650 miles to go to mcdonalds and starbucks. That being said I did go to starbucks once to use the internet lol-way over priced. Then I discovered what the locals do, sit right outside of starbucks and still get internet service, brilliant. I was at this point loving Amman and thinking this is different but similar I can do this and decided it was time to go to Zarqa, the suburb I will be living and working in.

No comments:

Post a Comment