Thursday, June 30, 2011

Zarqa...6-30-11

Well Amman is Amman and Zarqa is Zarqa and the 2 will never meet. Zarqa for me was a bit scary, houses very close together. Small winding streets with cars parked anyway they can on both sides of you,plus buses and taxis thrown in for fun and pedestrians too. Found out here people do not have the right away and its a bit like your the frog in a game of frogger.

 I got to see the house I would be staying in and the basic needs were met but I still didn't like it much, but it was in my budget so here I will stay and make the best of it.There was no air conditioning, all the furniture is floor level and I'm not used to sitting on the floor, it caused alot of hip and knee pain. the house is kind of like a duplex with the men staying on one side and the women staying on the other, each side has a bathroom and the kitchen is on the woman's side. In the middle is a big open area like a patio, everyone sits outside at night and its so hot that most sleep there too.

I think I was here a day and a half when I said its too hot I can't take it-take me somewhere cooler. Next stop Madaba (ahh).

No comments:

Post a Comment