Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Aqaba 7-6-11 day 1




Well Aqaba has a lot to offer with its crytal clear water of the Red Sea and its balmy weather. It reminded me of Fla as well, hot and humid but I liked it. We took a very touristy glass bottom boat ride, yes we negotiated the price too. I really wanted to go swimming but no one else brought their swim suits. If you do swim look out for the black spiky sea urchins, I didn't see any but I heard they were in the area. If you want to hang at a nearby resort and swim you can you just have to pay a small fee and you can hang out all day and use the shower facilities too and american bathrooms. That is what I plan on doing next time staying at a cheap place off the water and spend the day at the nice resort by the water. We also went to the public beach at night, nothing spectacular and the beach is quite small but it was a nice evening. Bathroom alert, they only have arabic bathrooms at the public beach, I was lucky I didn't have to go. We spent 2 days here and I will be back for more soon. We stayed at a rental apartment but ask to see it before you commit. It wasn't very clean and the bathroom left a lot to be desired, infact I cried and had a mini melt down when I saw it. In my defense I think I had low blood sugar and needed to eat. I slept on top of my beach towel in most of my clothes and didn't use any of the dishes in the kitchen. Also had to make a make shift toilet seat out of lots of tp but hey I survived it was air conditioned and the price was right. If you want to stay in american chain like the Marriott or Hilton, they are there but they are not cheap. We found our place by driving thru a residential area and they had a for rent sign on the side of a bldg. Rayan my cameraman speaks arabic so he called the phone number and the landlord came to meet us. It would be harder to find one of these if you didn't speak the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment